Monday, October 4, 2010

Leadership Teams

I have been thinking about my leadership style lately. I recognize that I am not like all other leaders - not necessarily good or bad, but just different. In several different points this past week, it seems that God is showing me a little bit more of those differences, and one of them I want to share with any new/potential attender of The Awakening.

I am a Team Player. Not sure if it's because of my  history in the athletic arena, or simply because it seems that I have seen so much value with teams in past initiatives I have led, but a leadership team is of up most importance to me.  We have a leadership team for the Awakening called the CORE Team. This is actually an acronym for Community, Ownership, Relationship, and Evaluation. You can check out a greater explanation here. This CORE Team is seriously the most high functioning volunteer team I have ever worked with. God has brought together a group of young adults that desire to be His agents, using their gifts and passions to serve Him. They are selfless, giving of their time and resources to see this ministry succeed. They are totally cool, and we are having a blast!

But that's not the only team I have envisioned for The Awakening.  The CORE Team is currently looking for individuals to be a part of our "Connection's Team"  This team, led by Justin Ehle, will be tasked to lead the discussion groups that meet after the teaching segment of Tuesday nights. Another team, led by our Logo creator and artistic genius Gabe Macias, is our Communications team. This is a team of people who communicate our values and mission through the Web, Social Media and Video. Our hospitality team is led by Shannon Ogilvie. She is so gifted to lead this team, believe me, I know - I've been blessed by her gift of hospitality for over six years now. She is the most self-less person I've ever met. 

The point that I am making, is that when you are working with volunteers, the team model of leadership is key. It spreads out the responsibility, keeps more people engaged in the ministry and "in the know," and it provides opportunities for God to show off his amazing ability as he created every person to uniquely participate in His plans. If you are a part of the Awakening community, there is room for you on one of these teams and others. We will need help in a lot of areas and I trust God to provide the teams and their members to accomplish His work.

Question: Do you want to use your gifts and passions in the Awakening Community?...We have a team for that.

-Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment