Monday, October 4, 2010

An 8 Week Awakening

Today I spent some time considering what to say on September 14th, the very first message for The Awakening.  Really, what can you say?  It reminds me of opening my Twitter account.  What should that first tweet say?  Because you don’t want it to be the boring, “uh…So, I’m on twitter now.”  The reality is, you spend so much time thinking about what that first tweet will say, but no one sees it!  No one is even following you!  Well, at the Awakening, we will have a bunch of people there asking, “Why should I come?”  They will be wondering, what this community is about and why should I follow.  So, how do you share all the information, vision and culture of a new community of young adults in 20 minutes?  You don’t!  I’ve decided to give some of the big points, but I am asking people to commit to attending for the next 8 weeks to hear the full vision of who and what this community will be.  The first four weeks will solidify what type of community we are, and the next four weeks will describe the culture and values we hold.  Will you join us in experiencing this 8 week awakening?

-Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment