Monday, November 21, 2011

Why I Love the Awakening Part 2

Why do I attend The Awakening? Well, I think the writer of part 1, Joy, did a great job summing up my reasons as well. Community - I need friends. Biblical Truth - I need Jesus. Dating - I need a woman. Pretty simple if you ask me, however if you are like me you may be reading this blog wondering if you should even come check out this thing called "The Awakening". I can't answer that for you but what I can do is tell you some other cool things at The Awakening that keep me coming back.

 

Breakfast - Yes, there is coffee and bagels every Sunday morning. I have to have these especially if I am going to be somewhere by 9:30 AM on the weekend.

Phil - Phil is a pretty cool guy. He is passionate about the Lord and growing the community of believers. The stuff he brings on Sunday morning fuels discussions amongst the group and challenges me with stuff I think on all week.

Real People - By real people I am not assuming you think we have robots at The Awakening. I mean we have real, genuine people come through the doors. People that are interested in each other, want to get to know each other and spiritually grow together.

Opportunities - The Awakening is a great information hub for stuff going on that would relate to a young person living in Dallas. Through the Awakening I have found a small group, learned about missions going on in the church, and ways that I can continue to be involved at Fellowship Bible Church Dallas.

Free iPads - Ok, this one is not true but if your heart jumped a little then you got all the way to the bottom of my blog entry and that makes me happy. I hope that you come check us out! From what I have been told, there is a link to my Facebook on this blog so feel free to friend me, message me, or write on my wall, but please don't poke me because I don't get that concept.

- Christopher Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment